Dundee Model Railway Club
Established - 7th April 1950
A modern image layout, based on the site of the old Alyth Junction, as a 'what if' the Strathmore Line had been reinstated in the 1970's, to relieve the pressure on the ECML caused by the bottle neck due to the single line section at Usan, south of Montrose.
Sidings constructed at the junction are used by the local area oil supplier as well as the Strathmore Line's (Railtrack) permanent way depot. An old mill, in the sidings area, is based on one at Eassie that is used by both a local storage firm and a farm machinery repair mechanic.
Information for Exhibition Managers
Click on the thumbnail pictures for full page images
On the Road
OO Gauge Layouts
N Gauge Layouts